Table of Contents
Some information about Indian Bank
Indian Bank is a public sector bank in India that was established in 1907. It has its headquarters in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The bank offers a wide range of banking and financial products and services to its customers, including personal banking, corporate banking, international banking, and rural banking. Which also includes Indian bank home loans.
As of March 2021, Indian Bank has a network of over 6,000 branches and 9,000 ATMs across India. The bank also has overseas branches in Singapore, Colombo, and Jaffna.
Indian Bank is known for its strong commitment to customer service and has won several awards and recognitions in this area. The bank also has a strong focus on digital banking and has introduced several innovative products and services in this space.
Indian Bank is a member of the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and participates in various payment systems such as the Unified Payments Interface (UPI), Immediate Payment Service (IMPS), and National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT). The bank is also a member of various international payment networks such as SWIFT and has correspondent banking relationships with banks around the world.
In 2020, Indian Bank merged with Allahabad Bank, which has expanded its reach and customer base. The merged entity has become the seventh-largest public sector bank in India in terms of business size.
What is Indian Bank Home loan?
Indian Bank offers home loans to individuals who wish to purchase or construct a house or apartment. The bank offers various types of home loan products to suit the needs of different types of borrowers.
The Indian Bank home loan can be used for the following purposes:
- Purchase of a new house or flat
- Construction of a new house or flat
- Purchase of an existing house or flat
- Repairs, renovations, and extensions of an existing house or flat
- The takeover of an existing home loan from another bank or financial institution.
The features of the Indian Bank home loan are as follows:
- Loan amount: The minimum loan amount is Rs. 1 lakh, and the maximum loan amount can go up to Rs. 10 crores, depending on the borrower’s eligibility.
- Repayment tenure: The repayment tenure can go up to 30 years, depending on the borrower’s age and loan amount.
- Interest rate: The interest rate on Indian Bank home loans is competitive and varies based on the loan amount and other factors.
- Processing fee: Indian Bank charges a processing fee of up to 0.229% of the loan amount, subject to a maximum of Rs. 20,000.
- Prepayment charges: Indian Bank does not charge any prepayment charges on home loans.
To apply for an Indian Bank home loan, the borrower needs to submit the required documents, such as proof of identity, address proof, income proof, property documents, and others. The bank evaluates the borrower’s eligibility based on these documents and other factors and sanctions the loan if the borrower meets the eligibility criteria.
What are the types of Indian Bank Home loan?
Indian Bank offers different types of home loans to cater to the needs of different types of borrowers.
The following are the types of home loans offered by Indian Bank:
- IB Home Loan: This is a regular home loan offered by the Indian Bank for the purchase or construction of a house or flat.
- IB Home Loan Plus: This home loan product is designed for individuals who wish to purchase a residential plot of land and construct a house on it.
- IB Home Improve Loan: This home loan product is meant for borrowers who wish to renovate or repair their existing house or flat.
- IB Home Loan Combo: This is a combination of a home loan and a personal loan offered by Indian Bank. The personal loan component can be used for furnishing the house or any other personal expenses related to the house.
- IB Home Loan for Pensioners: This home loan product is designed for pensioners who wish to purchase or construct a house or flat.
- IB Home Loan for Non-Resident Indians (NRIs): This home loan product is offered to NRIs who wish to purchase or construct a house or flat in India.
- IB Home Loan Takeover: This home loan product is designed for borrowers who wish to transfer their existing home loan from another bank or financial institution to Indian Bank.
Each of these home loan products has its own eligibility criteria, features, and benefits. Borrowers can choose the home loan product that suits their needs and requirements the best.
What are the benefits of an Indian Bank Home Loan?
Indian Bank offers several benefits to borrowers who avail of its home loan products.
The following are the benefits of an Indian Bank Home Loan:
- Competitive Interest Rates: Indian Bank offers home loans at competitive interest rates, which are based on the prevailing market conditions and the borrower’s creditworthiness.
- Flexible Repayment Tenure: The repayment tenure for Indian Bank home loans can go up to 30 years, allowing borrowers to choose a comfortable repayment period based on their income and other financial commitments.
- Quick Processing: Indian Bank has a streamlined loan processing system that ensures quick approval and disbursal of home loans.
- No Prepayment Charges: Indian Bank does not charge any prepayment charges on home loans, allowing borrowers to make prepayments or foreclose their loans without any penalty.
- Wide Range of Home Loan Products: Indian Bank offers a wide range of home loan products to cater to the diverse needs of borrowers.
- Attractive Schemes and Offers: Indian Bank periodically introduces attractive schemes and offers for home loans, such as reduced interest rates, waiver of processing fees, and others.
- Tax Benefits: Borrowers can avail of tax benefits on the principal and interest components of the home loan under Section 80C and Section 24(b) of the Income Tax Act.
Overall, Indian Bank home loans offer borrowers a convenient and affordable way to finance their dream homes.
What are the eligibility criteria for Indian bank home loan
The eligibility criteria for Indian Bank Home Loan may vary based on various factors such as the applicant’s age, income, employment status, credit score, etc.
Here are some general eligibility criteria for Indian Bank Home Loan:
- Age: The applicant should be at least 21 years old at the time of loan application, and the maximum age should not exceed 70 years at the time of loan maturity.
- Income: The income of the applicant plays a significant role in determining the loan amount eligibility. The applicant should have a regular and steady income source to repay the loan.
- Employment status: For salaried individuals, the minimum employment tenure should be at least 2 years, and for self-employed individuals, the business should be operational for a minimum of 3 years.
- Credit score: A good credit score is essential to getting loan approval. The minimum credit score required is generally 650 or above.
- Property: The property should be approved by the Indian Bank, and the applicant should have clear ownership of the property.
- Loan amount: The loan amount eligibility is determined based on the applicant’s income, age, repayment capacity, and the value of the property.
These are some of the basic eligibility criteria for an Indian Bank Home Loan. However, specific requirements may vary, and it is advisable to check with the bank or visit their website for detailed information.
Check this also,